WarriorWool Anorak Donation for Active Military
The WarriorWool Program is one of the main reasons we founded WeatherWool.
WarriorWool supplies reduced-price and donated Al's Anoraks to those who will wear them for Active Duty Service in :
- United States Military
- US government agencies whose work is sometimes similar to the work of the Military
- Military Forces of the Allies of the United States
The program is available to:
- Anyone spending personal funds to wear the Anorak for Active Duty
- Anyone who would like to donate (or help donate) an Anorak. Donations are accepted in any amount. If you'd like to donate an amount smaller than the total cost of an Anorak, please order on this page or give us a call. This idea was suggested by "William from Maine" on September 27th. Partial donations will be pooled until we reach the cost of an Anorak ... or until we at WeatherWool decide to donate an Anorak anyway
- Click over to the WarriorWool Donations Page to see what's been happening
Anyone in the US Military is eligible for the program -- and we think they are all GREAT! -- so long as the Anorak will be worn on Active Duty. (There is at least one woman, an Air Force engineer, wearing WarriorWool.) If you can help us expand the program, please get in touch! We have added DEA, DSS and OST because their work is often so similar to Military. WarriorWool is also available to the British (UK) Military. We will be glad to speak with anyone interested in the same sort of program to benefit the many other strong Allies of the USA.
We are honored that Al's Anorak has been tested, used and is desired by members of multiple units in the United States Military. Here is feedback we received from a member of Special Operations Command in Afghanistan (BLUF means Bottom Line Up Front):
"BLUF: The coats are phenomenal and all the guys that wear them absolutely love them. ... My entire detachment continues to request additional coats and Hats."
We consider those words a great honor.
Please click for Anorak reviews by current and former Military personnel.
Please click here to read additional (civilian) reviews of Al's Anorak.
At present, we can direct Anoraks to:
- US Diplomatic Security Service
- US Drug Enforcement Administration
- US Army Green Berets (through Advisor Josh Enyart)
- US Navy SEALs, Team 8
- US Navy SEALs, Team 10
- US Office of Secure Transportation
- US Marine Corps Scout Snipers
- US 10th Special Forces Group
- UK Special Forces (SAS, SBS and SRR)
- UK Elite Forces Parachute Regiment
- UK Royal Marines
- Wherever Needed
[Please note: Donations to UK Military will be distributed by Advisor Ziggy, who has had a long career in British Special Forces.]
You designate where you would like your donation to be sent when you order. Donations will be distributed by our contacts. We'll decide size, color, weight.
We expect donors will be thanked personally by the recipient, but we cannot make such contact a condition of donation. Donors can remain anonymous if they so choose. Donated Anoraks will be distributed by people I know who are either currently serving with the group chosen by the donor, or retired but still in touch with those on Active Duty.
If you are Active Duty Military and interested in our Anorak for your own kit, please phone us so we can figure size/color/Fabric weight. Also, please get in touch if you can help us grow this program!
For complete information and functional specs on the Anorak, or if you wish to make a "normal" purchase of an Anorak, please visit the main Anorak page. (US Military Veterans and those currently serving receive a 5% "thank you" credit on all WeatherWool.)
For the WarriorWool Donation Program, the Anorak can be purchased for $365, which is a basically break-even price for us. People may be surprised that $365 is a barely break-even price ... what we are doing is expensive ... and our regular direct-to-customer price for the Anorak is far below standard industry margins.
Thank you for considering this donation.
An Operator who purchased his own Anorak through our WarriorWool Program sent this picture. He said the Anorak "is perfect for bugging out because of its versatility."
An off-duty British SAS Operator testing his Anorak
Please click here to read a quick story about Debby's Grandfather making fatigues for the US Army in World War One.
In the main picture at left is Advisor Fisher Neal, a professional Actor, Model, and Nature/Hunting Guide.
One other important thing ... WarriorWool is actually a main reason we developed WeatherWool in the first place. We believed we could make clothing that would help our Military ... and that is something we really wanted to do.
A last goofy note ... We used to accept AMAZON PAY, but Amazon wrote to tell us the WarriorWool Program is a problem because, in their eyes, we are posing as a charity. WarriorWool is far more important to us than an Amazon button at checkout.
19 November 2019