This page shows where WarriorWool Program donations have gone, and indicates (more or less) who the donors are.
The WarriorWool Program is a primary reason for WeatherWool, and we have placed dozens of pieces of wool with Active Duty Military. But I didn't think of this page until September of 2019. Maybe eventually I'll do some backfilling of information. But for now, the info starts in September, 2019, with newer activity on top ...
- 2021-03-03 ... Today we received a $100 donation from Nat in New Mexico. That's a nice jump on the next piece of WarriorWool! THANKS NAT!
- 23 February 2021 ... There are some WarriorWool donations pending but I don't have any Anoraks to distribute, so I have not posted.
- 16 February 2021 ... US Secret Service, Presidential Protective Division added to the donation-recipient list.
- 3 January 2021 ... "An old Air Force Maintainer", who prefers to remain completely anonymous, purchased TWO WARRIORWOOL Anoraks as a gift "to our present service members"!!
- 20 November 2020 ... Ed from Oregon has donated an Anorak to the US Coast Guard, AirSta Kodiak (Alaska). Because we have no Anoraks on hand at present, it is likely to take us a few weeks to get this shipped ... sincere apologies for the delay to Ed and AirSta Kodiak!!
- 8 November 2020 ... Customer Tim from New York donated a Watch Cap, and this Cap is headed for the US Marine Corps Scout Snipers. We've never had a donation of anything but Anoraks before ... but don't see much reason to not go with a Watch Cap!
- 17 September 2020 ... Size 3X (see previous entry)! ... My contact in the US Army 10th Special Forces Group found a Green Beret who wears a size 3X ... evidently the biggest dude among the 800 Green Berets in the 10th!
- 3 and 8 September 2020 ... A friend of the US Military from Ohio ordered two Anoraks today, and really wanted to pay in advance for one of them, and put 5% of the purchase price toward WarriorWool. So ... $60 is available toward the next donation. That same friend decided to donate the balance of the WarriorWool Anorak cost. Weird thing is that right now, we have only size 3X Anoraks on hand. I will be checking with all the contacts to see if there is anyone who wears 3X. Usually Active Duty people aren't that big!
- We've been almost completely sold out of Anoraks for a few months, so we don't have anything normal-size available ... hopefully in September, 2020!
- Friday, 22 May, 2020 ... Almost Memorial Day, 2020 ... The expression "Memorial Day Weekend", makes me cringe some, particularly when remembering a career Military Vet telling me that Memorial Day is extremely difficult for him because of his experiences and his memories of many brothers maimed and killed. It's good to see the growing trend, at least here in Jersey, of Memorial Day being observed as intended. It seemed appropriate to ship a WarriorWool Anorak today. This Anorak is going to a woman serving in the US Marine Corps Force Recon. This Anorak was donated by a customer (who has previously donated) and by us.
- 9 April 2020 ... added the United States Coast Guard at Base Kodiak and US Marine Corps Recon/ 0321 to the list of recipients for WarriorWool donations. There are people in the five main branches of the US Armed Forces wearing WarriorWool. Nobody in the Space Force has our wool (I assume!)
- In April of 2020, Jonathan Drouillard of Michigan donated an Anorak to the USMC Scout Snipers ... interesting thing happened ... my contact with the Scout Snipers has moved to the US Army Rangers. So now the Rangers are among the recipient choices for donations, and we have a new contact in the Scout Snipers ... someone I had been in touch with previously because his Dad bought him an Anorak
- In March of 2020, an individual serving in the United States Coast Guard at Base Kodiak purchased an Anorak for himself after having seen and examined the Anoraks already in possession of friends. This Anorak is going to see some insane conditions out on the Bering Sea! The contribution from Dave Canterbury (see next item) reduced the cost to the Coast Guardsman.
- Donation from Advisor Dave Canterbury, February 2020
- The guy in the Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center (which is actually part of the Navy that trains people in the Army, I think) would like another Anorak
- A member of the Antiterrorism Training Support Group of the Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center in South Carolina bought an Anorak for himself, January 2020
- A SEAL stationed in Germany wants a WarriorWool Anorak plus a bunch of other stuff .. December 2020
- Another WarriorWool Anorak on backorder for a SEAL who is from New Jersey (our home State) ... November 2019
- A 100% disabled combat Veteran ordered for himself, but we don't have his exact choice on hand now ... so ... WOW ... we are so low on inventory we're taking backorders for WarriorWool that guys are buying for themselves. We could still fill general donations where the size is pretty open ... November 2019
- An Emergency Services Physician for the Diplomatic Security Service purchased an Anorak for himself, November 2019.
- A seriously disabled combat veteran bought an Anorak at the regular price, and later asked if he would qualify for WarriorWool ... he likes the Anorak so much he wants to get another, and he would donate his savings to the WarriorWool program! November 30, 2019.
- Jack and Paula from Illinois donated to USMC Scout Snipers, November 2019
- Advisor Dave Canterbury operates the Pathfinder School where he and his assistants teach a wide variety of wilderness and survival skills. Dave and his staff normally wear WeatherWool. Sometime in October of 2019, Dave was teaching a group of US Military Personnel ... people who have a lot of flexibility regarding what they wear on Active Duty. The students tried out Dave's Anorak, and liked it a lot, so he gave it to them.
- In October, 2019, we got a WarriorWool order from a Medical Doctor in the Army. She needs an XXSmall, which we have not made yet ... but we will! THANK YOU Dr Rita!
- Donations from William in Maine on Sep 27, 2019; Tim from New York on Sep 30, 2019; Nick in Cleveland on Nov 13, 2019; Balance from WeatherWool for a new Anorak to a new officer in the USMC, November, 2019
- COOL! -- Here is one that I'm backfilling ... I'm adding this entry in January of 2021 ... Mark Solan, a veteran, in 2018 purchased a WarriorWool Anorak for his son James, in the United States Marine Corps. James just sent me a review and photos that can be seen on our Military Anorak Reviews page. THANK YOU SOLAN FAMILY!!
This page normally handled by Ralph, with each entry having its own date.