Shipping & Taxes
- Free standard shipping in the USA and Canada. We'll use the method that works best in a given situation. (But the website supports a lot of additional delivery options)
- We never charge sales tax. Clothing is tax free in New Jersey!
- When we ship your order, we will normally send by email a receipt with a tracking number. So far, tracking numbers have been available for every country to which we have shipped
- Inside the USA, we'll ship via USPS or UPS or FedEx depending upon which server provides the best service and price. Of course, we'll ship however you'd like, but there may be an extra cost for that.
- For Canada, for smaller items, we usually use the United States Postal Service to deliver the order to Canada Post. This usually works well, but there is no true overnight service. Sometimes shipments will sit in Canadian customs for a week, even though American woolens can be imported duty-free to Canada. UPS offers a good express service to Canada ... orders can be delivered within two days, but it is expensive -- I think this is because UPS basically walks the package through customs. Lately we've been using DHL for shipments to Canada for the more expensive items. It gets somewhat pricey but we like to provide premium service, and DHL is extremely quick and convenient.
- For orders outside the USA and Canada we may use any of a variety of carriers, depending on the country and the cost. We may choose the US Postal Service, which usually interfaces well with with the national postal service of the customer's country. Other carriers such as FedEx, UPS, DHL by request. DHL will send you an email with an accounting of the import duties and taxes ... you can pay DHL over the web whatever fees the government authorities require, and then DHL will deliver your package. This seems to save a lot of trouble, plus the DHL shipping was remarkably fast. We are using DHL more and more and they seem extremely motivated to win more business.
- Overnight delivery almost anywhere in "the 48 States" is possible for orders that come in as late as 9:00 PM EST because we live near a primary FedEx facility at Newark Liberty International Airport (just outside New York City). FedEx has made some amazingly fast deliveries for us!
- Shipping costs outside USA/Canada are basically split 50% each between us and the customer, and this cost is added to the original transaction
- Please contact us or include a note with your online order if you need special handling, gift wrapping, etc.
- In the USA, we normally ship in a corrugated cardboard box. Outside the USA we are much more likely to use a heavy-gauge plastic shipping bag. The presentation is not as nice in the bag. But the bag weighs almost nothing and can basically be compressed to the size of the garment, so the shipping costs are reduced by around 35%.
- Import taxes or duties are the responsibility of the customer. Canada does not impose any import fees on WeatherWool because our woolens are pure-American. Please click here for more info on import duties in various countries.
Call us 24/7 at +1 831-704-1776 anytime to discuss your wool needs!
Really. We love to talk wool!
15 April 2021 --- Ralph