Out of Stock and Custom Garments
What happens if you order something that is out of stock or a custom/bespoke (made-to-order) item?
- Some items may be completely sold out (almost everything is sold out at this writing), and when that happens, we'll change the order price to $0, and if you order in this case, we will get in touch with you when we prepare for the next production run. No payment info is requested for $0 orders
- In some cases our inventory is spotty ... we may be sold out of some size/fabric choices, but still have lots of others. If it is feasible, we'll change the price to $0 for the versions that are sold out. In any case, feel free to order, and we'll contact you directly, and come up with a solution
- When we start working on a garment, we usually restore the regular price so that we can handle order flow without a tremendous amount of phone calls and churn when we get the inventory from the tailors. .... BUT .... people who don't want to pay until we ship are welcome to order over the phone, and leave a credit card on file. We call this SHIP ASAP and we don't charge until we ship -- unless the customer really really wants to pay in advance for some reason. Please click for information about how online ordering works
- If you've ordered a custom item, we may need a deposit. But custom items are difficult and we try to avoid them because of all the extra overhead. But for items like our Mouton Jackets, we'll discuss your exact needs (sizing and timing) and figure out how to proceed. Please click for more information about custom items
- If we can't ship immediately, we'll contact you right away and decide with you what to do next. We can review possible substitute items; put you on the waiting list; cancel your order, or maybe something else
As of this writing, we are finally making Fabric again after three years of almost complete shut down of Fabric production. We cannot make more stock until we first make more Fabric but that's moving along nicely, at long last!
2 May 2021 --- Ralph