WeatherWool Fabric Remnants
WeatherWool® Hardcore Luxury® Fabric is the foundation of our company. And when the tailors turn our Fabric into garments, remnants are inevitably created. The size of each remnant piece varies greatly. Some are pretty large ... up to 6 inches (15 cm) by 4 inches (10 cm). Most are irregular shape ... sometimes kind of rectangular, often long and thin.
All remnants are our true production Fabric. Mixed in with the remnants may be some pieces of the paper "markers" that the tailors place on top of the stacks of Fabric in order to guide the cutting.
We use remnants to make up our Fabric Sample Packs, and so the remnants are extremely valuable to us. But we have far more remnants than we ever use for the Samples. Remnants are good way to get to know our Fabric.
Each order will include at least 5 pounds (2.3 kg), which is plenty to stuff a full-sized bed pillow. The remnants will be completely random in size, color and Fabric weight. We get bags of remnants from the tailors whenever we make anything, and each bag contains whatever Fabrics the tailors were working with at the time.
We hope others can find more uses for them. Potential Uses:
- Pillow stuffing. I've been sleeping with a remnant-stuffed pillow since about August 2021, and I like it a lot. Alex says it's MY-MyPillow. But it's not for everyone ... Debby doesn't like it but others have told me their remnant-pillows are great
- Quilting (but pieces are small)
- Scarves ... One customer made a 72-inch (183 cm) Scarf for each of his parents
- Fingerless Gloves. Advisor Chris Christian found enough suitably-sized pieces in one bag of remnants to make about 5 pair and he has used them a lot!
- Cell phone pouch/cozy (Thanks to Stefan H for this idea!)
- Ground cloth if you want to stitch a bunch of remnants together
- Shemagh ... again, will require a bunch of sewing
- Ghillie Suit ... add wool scraps to the outside of anything
- Stitch together for wall coverings
- Material-testing (people test the swatches from our Sample Packs)
- Dog Bed! This is a "for-sure"! Thanks, Rod
- Can be used to line a hard hat ... create a sweatband .... works very well! Thanks to Jason G for this idea
- Plant Potting. Some wool in the bottom of a flower pot, or mixed in with soil, helps keep soil moist. If the pot has a hole at bottom, the Fabric can keep dirt from coming out
- Insulation for use in all kinds of places
Each order will be approximately 5 pounds, maybe more if you live close to us.
We will be happy to hear any other ideas and results of testing.
The $20 price of the remnants is just to cover shipping. (Price started at $15 but shipping costs average more than that.) There are places, particularly in Canada, where $20 won't cover shipping. If the cheapest shipping is much over $20, we'll let you know. And if you are close to New Jersey, from where we ship, we may be able to send more than usual.
As I write this on 31 July 2023, we have probably 1000 pounds (450 kg). If you come here, you can have it all ... The tailors will generate a lot more very soon.
Anyone interested in Remnants is likely to also be interested in Weaving Selvedge.
31 July 2023 --- Ralph and Alex
The REVIEW feature below, which enables anyone to publish a review, was added in March of 2022. I didn't expect anyone to review the Remnants, but I was wrong! Nice!