[Please click here for additional Poncho details and pictures.]
We are sold out of Ponchos, but we hope to make them again in 2023, at a price of $575. The website price will remain 0 until we start shipping again. If you are interested, please place a no-obligation backorder, and we'll get in touch when we crank up production. Please click these links for more info on backordering, our Production Status or a snapshot of our overall Inventory.]
One of the things we really like about a Poncho is that it offers so much versatility, and versatility is a very large part of what we are about.
Features of the WeatherWool Poncho:
- The first production run of Ponchos were all made with our own FullWeight Merino Jacquard Fabric, including the selvedge. But a couple of people have asked for a lighter Poncho, so we will make MidWeight Ponchos for people who order in advance of the production run
- About 46 inches (117 cm) wide and about 69 inches (175 cm) long in total ... about half the Poncho hangs down in front and half in back. The Ponchos had been made from full width of our Fabric bolts, but the next bolts of Fabric will be wider, so exactly how wide the Poncho will be, and whether it will still have selvedge is to be determined
- Generously-sized Hood. The Hood can be snugged by drawstrings located at either side of the neck and at the back of the head
- Poncho can be buttoned closed at the upper chest and neck
- Each side of the Poncho has a single button mid-way down to offer some closure to the sides
- A large Front Pouch that can be entered from both sides, and closed with a button at each side. The bottom three inches or so on each side of the Front Pouch is sewn shut, creating a "gutter" for added security of contents
- Hidden from sight on the inside of the Poncho, behind the Front Pouch, is a large zippered pocket
- Hood of the Poncho can be buttoned down, closing the center of the Poncho, so it can be used as a blanket
- At the bottom of the Poncho, the borders are doubled to improve the drape and balance
- Drab border on Drab Ponchos, Duff border on Lynx; Duff border on Duff, Black border on Black. This can be customized
- The Poncho weighs 4 lbs 6 oz.(1.98 kg)
- In the "on location" pictures, Fisher, your NYC-area Advisor, wears a Drab Poncho over a CPO Shirt in Duff
A mounted soldier in Ukraine told me a Poncho can provide tremendous warmth to a rider by capturing hear rising from a horse.
We will probably be changing the Poncho a bit when we make it next. We've had a number of design suggestions. If you have ideas, we really really hope you will let us know!! --- ALSO ... we are exploring the possibilities of making a Trail Poncho ... more utilitarian and suitable for more varied and extended backwoods ("trail") applications.
Thanks --- Ralph
Details about WeatherWool Construction
More Pictures and Info about the Poncho
Care and Cleaning
6 February 2023 --- Ralph
The REVIEW feature below, which enables anyone to publish a review, was added in March of 2022. We probably won’t see any Reviews here until we start shipping these pieces again.