Here's a list of countries and places where WeatherWool has been ... either we have shipped garments there, or people have told us they wore WeatherWool there, or both. And WeatherWool has been on all seven continents. We're getting close to 1/3 of all 196 or so countries ...
In January 2020, a customer had an 8-day ski trip in Antarctica. Among his highly specialized gear were a Mouton Hat and Neck Gaiter, which he wore mostly during rest periods while skiing from 89 degrees South Latitude to the Absolute South Pole. Rob is posting about this intense trip on Instagram. We're just glad Rob and the group made it to the South Pole (HOORAY!) and then home safely. Strong winds, temps typically at -15F to -20F (about -28C) and the location itself make such a journey very difficult and dangerous. My hat is off to to all involved!
This Antarctic trip reminds me of another polar outing ... A professional who tests gear for the US Army gave us a great review from Ice Camp Sargo on the pack ice of the Arctic Ocean. And actually, I'm almost certain that Military people have worn WeatherWool in at least a few countries that are not listed on this page.
I need to add a lot more clickable links below for photos of WeatherWool in these countries. If you can add to our list, please let us know!! ... If you have photos, please send them! Debby says hearing about where our garments go makes her feel kind of like our children are traveling the world!! --- Thanks --- Ralph & Debby
- Afghanistan -- The Military has asked me not to reproduce the photos they've sent from Afghanistan
- Antarctica (not really a country, but ...)
- Argentina -- Advisor Don Nguyen summits Mount Aconcagua
- Belarus (in March of 2021, but posting early so I don't forget!)
- Bolivia (in the jungle!)
- Canada -- Lot of pictures and some Advisors from Canada!
- Czech Republic
- Greenland (an autonomous territory within the Kingdom of Denmark)
- Hong Kong (technically part of China, but a separate system!)
- Lithuania (headed for Lithuania, anyway, late January 2020)
- Morocco (please see note below)
- New Zealand
- Russia (in March of 2021, but posting early so I don't forget!)
- South Africa
- South Korea
*Morocco: We have gotten orders from Morocco that were flagged as potential fraud. For one of those orders, the shipping and billing addresses matched. So we fulfilled that order because we didn't want to refuse to ship to the entire country (as we had been advised!). A few months after shipping, a bank in Morocco, operating as Mastercard, reversed the charges, writing that the evidence of fraud was "convincing". But the "customer" and the bank did not respond to phone calls or emails, and the wool was not returned. Going forward, we will fill orders from Morocco and numerous other "high fraud risk" countries only if payment is made in advance by Western Union ... it's great there is a way to serve the many fine folks who live in countries where credit card frauds are widespread and the legitimacy of honest transactions is difficult to confirm from here in the USA.
One kind of funny thing is that we often get requests for Free Fabric Samples prior to getting an order for garments. I feel it doesn't really count unless an actual garment has been there. It's like when someone asks "Have you been in ..." and you have, but only in the airport to change flights. Does that count? So here are places we've sent Sample Books ...
- Pakistan ... we couldn't fill the order because we're sold out of almost everything, but we did send Samples
- Wallis & Futuma ... I added Wikipedia link because I'd never heard of this place until the Sample request!
6 September 2021 --- Ralph