We have some USED pieces that have plenty of life left in them. And I just decided to experiment with a LENDING LIBRARY. If you want to try out some wool, or maybe fill a need for a trip, please check out the LENDING product in the SPECIALS below.
The Lending Library was started in September 2021, and it's been very useful. We have pretty well decided to run all Specials through the Lending Library.
Our SPECIALS are all great garments and all made with our production Fabric. The SPECIALS are also all offered under our No-Risk policy, same as every other WeatherWool product.
Why do we have Specials? Several reasons:
- Trade-Ins are the biggest reason ... Sometimes people outgrow a garment, or want a different piece, different color, etc. And we always accommodate our customers.
- We get a lot of people wanting to change sizes months after having received a garment. They tell us it's been in the box the whole time, or worn only a couple of times. The customer thinks we should take it back as a new garment, and we do. But it doesn't count as NEW to us. If a customer has held a garment more than a week or so, or walked outdoors even for a moment, we count the garment as USED and will offer it at a discount.
- When we develop a new garment or modify an old one, we always have to first make at least one and sometimes several prototypes.
- When we make a new version of a garment, we normally have some of the old version left over, which we offer as specials.
- We also test tailors, but this hasn't happened for quite a while. We'll have a new potential tailor make a garment or two, and often we aren't happy enough with the work to make a production run. So these one-offs become specials.
- One more important reason is that we always want to take care of our customers AND we don't want anyone buying WeatherWool, even used WeatherWool, from anyone else. We are responsible only for garments purchased from us. Because our customers can always sell/return garments back to us, there is not much reason for WeatherWool to be sold elsewhere. If someone other than us is offering WeatherWool, please make sure it's not a stolen garment.
Here is how Trade-Ins will work:
- If you did not get your garment from us, it's not eligible for trade-in
- We'll email you a shipping label for your preferred carrier (if you have a printer)
- We'll inspect the returned item. Usually the returned items are in excellent shape, and we'll pay you about 75% of the purchase price. If you can immediately use the trade-in toward another item that's fine. If not, we'll send you the money rather than carry a credit on our books (unless that's what you REALLY want)
- Customer purchases of trade-ins are handled in exactly the same way as any other WeatherWool purchase
- Lastly, if you are not happy with your WeatherWool, that's a return, not a trade-in, and you get a 100% refund. And if you simply need the money back, please just tell me.
Alex handles trade-ins: Orders@WeatherWool.com ... cell 862-849-8250.
As always, feel free to phone us 24/7 to discuss, or order from the website. THANKS!
6 September 2022 --- Ralph