Small and Medium-size Blankets now in stock. We also have a couple of Kings on hand, but larger size blankets are generally made-to-order.
The Blanket story, for us ... We did not plan to make Blankets but people wearing WeatherWool asked for them, and they were very well received.
Andy McMurry, one of our Advisors and Ranchers, mentioned to us some research that wool's thermoregulatory properties help infants and adults sleep better. We did find a link to material published by Woolmark, a division of Australian Wool Innovation. Other studies also indicate that wool helps babies sleep better, offering protection from cold, heat and moisture. There is also some very interesting info available from the people at Wool Sleeping Bag ... and THANKS to them!! The link will bring you to a page on their website entitled Wool Sleeping Bag Advantage. We'd be very interested to know about any other studies regarding wool bedding or sleepwear.
Blankets can be made from any of our Fabrics. These blankets are not scratchy and almost everyone will find them comfortable against bare skin.
We are happy that Blankets are now becoming a regular production offering.
- Small Size Blanket: Suitable for carrying in a pack, for a seat or as a doubled seat. Perfect size for baby crib/swaddle ... 36 inches (117 cm) wide by 50 inches (152 cm) long. $195. In FullWeight, the Blanket weighs 1 pound, 12 ounces (792 grams) and in MidWeight 1 pound 2 ounces (509 grams) . Pictured at left in the Small Blanket is my grandson, Kong, when he was a newborn.
- Medium Size Blanket: Suitable for camping or picnic blanket or to wrap one or two people sitting fireside or watching a ball game. 50 inches (127 cm) by 70 inches (178 cm). $295. The FullWeight Medium Blanket weights 3 pounds, 3 ounces (1443 grams) and in MidWeight, 2 pounds 2 ounces (962 grams).
- Twin Bed Blanket: 66 inches / 168 cm by 90 inches / 229 cm. (A Twin Bed mattress is 38 inches / 97 cm by 75 inches / 191 cm). $700. A Twin Blanket in MidWeight Fabric weighs 4 pounds, 11 ounces (2.12 kg).
- Double/Full Bed Blanket: 80 inches / 203 cm by 90 inches / 229 cm. (A Double mattress is 54 inches / 137 cm by 75 inches / 191 cm). $900
- Queen Bed Blanket: 90 inches / 229 cm by 100 inches / 254 cm. (A Queen Mattress is 60 inches / 152 cm by 80 inches / 203 cm.) These are the blankets in the photos. $1000
- King Bed Blanket: 108 inches / 274 cm by 100 inches 254 cm. (A King mattress is 76 inches / 193 cm by 80 inches / 203 cm). $1200
- Custom Blanket: Please give us a call to design a Blanket together
Our bolts of Fabric are about 53 inches (135 cm) wide, excluding selvedge ... and so blankets wider than that need to incorporate some kind of design that enables panels of fabric to be joined together, as shown in the photos of the Queen Blankets.
- The Lynx Fabric Blankets in larger sizes (Twin, Double, Queen, King) will have borders in Brown.
- Drab Blankets will have Black borders.
- Brown Blankets will have Black borders.
- Black Blankets will have Black borders.
- If you would like different border colors, please give us a call.
The Queen Blankets in FullWeight Fabric in the photos weighed about 10 pounds (4.5 kg).
Lastly ... these pictures are very rough. We never intended these pictures to be on the website ... professional photos coming.
Care and Cleaning
Details about WeatherWool Construction
Here is more information about ordering out-of-stock garments, about our production status, and about online ordering in general. --- Thanks -- Ralph
We will hopefully get more Reviews when people have had more of a chance to use our Blankets.
1 June 2023 --- Ralph