The items below here will almost all be USED, but everything is still USEFUL!
The idea is to let people try one of these items for a week or two, just to check out our stuff or maybe because it's needed for an upcoming trip. But it's all available for purchase, too.
[An unanticipated -- but terrific -- use of the Lending is described in the Blog of 2023-09-09: ........ About two months ago we were contacted by a gent who is undertaking a fundraising adventure on behalf of Australia's Riding for the Disabled Association. Tom Mullinar, his wife, Sascha Yeomans, and Sascha's son, Angel Cropley, intend to complete, on horseback, Australia's National Trail. Australian TV created a video, linked from the family's @roughandstumble Instagram account, describing their plan. The National Trail is 5330 km (3313 miles) long. Nature will present a great many obstacles! This will definitely be the biggest adventure for anything from the Lending Library, and probably the longest single outing ever undertaken in WeatherWool!]
The website will charge $30 to cover shipping, and we'll include a pre-paid return shipping label with the garment.
If you decide to buy the item, the cost is the price as shown. It's not necessary to pay a deposit on the garment. Please either buy it or return it after a week or two.
Also, if you have a garment that might be useful for us to add to the lending collection, please contact Alex (Alex@WeatherWool.com / 862-849-8250). You can see how we handle trade-ins in the intro to our SPECIALS.
If you would like one of these items, please telephone us or place an online order with a NOTE telling us exactly which item you want. Please put your note in the box labeled "Add a note to your order". (Sometimes the NOTE does note reach us and in these cases we will contact you.)
Because of potential import duties, taxes and higher shipping costs, the Lending Library as described above is not really applicable outside the USA. But we can improvise suitable arrangements on a case-by-case basis for our friends without an American shipping address.
The listing for a garment that is "checked out", will show the order number and date it was sent, plus the first name and last initial of the person who has it. When a garment is returned that information is removed and it becomes available again.
A lot of the garments shown below are listed as New-Used (maybe a result of our Customer Service policies). Usually New-Used means the customer who made the original purchase held the garment for longer than 10 days or so. If a customer hangs onto a garment more than about 10 days before returning, even if it just sits unopened in the box, we count it as Used. Also, sometimes people tell us they returned it after only one day and only wore it to go shopping and to walk the dog one night. If a garment has been taken outdoors, no matter for how short a time, we will not sell it as new, and it will be listed on the Lending Library as New-Used.
Lending items may be shipped in a recycled box, which seems appropriate.
One other thing ... Ralph often ships Lending pieces, but he's terrible at packing. Please don't hold it against him (me!!).
THANKS -- Ralph --- 973-943-3110 and Alex --- 862-849-8250
Factory 2nds are new but for the stated reason did not pass final Quality Control.
ALL-AROUND JACKETS (always FullWeight Fabric)
- All Around Jacket / XSmall / Duff (2nd's) Repaired button holes. - $550. (Sending to Ted D on 13 Sep 2023 --- #15112)
- All Around Jacket / Small / Drab with Double Hood. Fine condition, but Hood and Jacket come from different Fabric Batches and shades of Drab do not quite match. Customer traded them in for new. $750 (Sending to Jennifer H on 31 August 2023 --- #14980 --- Jennifer is sending this back as of 18 Sep 2023)
- All-Around Jacket / XLarge / Black. New/Used. Stayed home in the closet until customer finally decided he needed a 2X. $785
- All-Around Jacket / 2XLarge/ Drab. Several years old. Good condition and has outer chest pockets and no storm flap. Production specs for Fabric then were same as now. $450. (Sending to Dan F, 6 August 2023 --- #14721) (Dan is returning as of 15 Sep 2023 ... Oliver D will get it next --- #15144)
- All-Around Jacket / 3XLarge/ Black. Slight use. $725 (#15275 -- Antoni Gl -- 9/22)
- All-Around Jacket / 3XLarge/ Brown. Slight use. $750
- All-Around Jacket / 3XLarge/ Lynx Pattern. Virtually new. $815 (Sending to Chris N --- 9 Sep 2023 --- #15247)
Al's Anorak / Super-Small / Drab - MidWeight ... This piece was an XXSmall but was put through machine wash/dry. It's not deformed at all, just shrunken to "super small" ... chest measures 34 inches (86 cm). Because of the shrinkage, the Fabric is thicker and heavier than MidWeight would normally be. $325
- Lynx - FullWeight. Fair condition - $425
- Al's Anorak / XSmall / Lynx - FullWeight. Fair condition - $425
Al's Anorak / Small / Lynx - FullWeight. Like new, but returned after two years by a customer who wore it only a few times because too heavy for him. This is from Batch 5, so it doesn't have the finish (hand) of our later batches. $425. (Sending to Zack G as of 1 Sep 2023 --- #14981)
Al's Anorak / Small / Lynx - MidWeight - Very good condition $475 (Sending to Tom M on 15 July 2023 for his family's Cross-Australia Horseback Expedition and Fundraiser, expected to conclude in late 2024. They are posting on Instagram as @RoughAndStumble)
- Al's Anorak / Large / Drab - MidWeight. Fine condition. Customer had it about a year but didn't wear it much because he didn't really like the fit. Switched it out for another piece. $500 - (can't find this piece!!!!. But Daniel T has ordered --- #14939 --- 20 Aug 2023)
- Al's Anorak / 3XL / Lynx - FullWeight. A couple of years old, but barely worn because customer shouldn't have bought pullover. Great condition - $525
- Nothing available now, but we do have NEW in stock
- CPO / XXSmall / Lynx - MidWeight. New, unused CPO that somehow ripped on the back of the shoulder when it was tried on (guy was much too big, I guess). Local tailors did a great repair job, but you can definitely see where it was ripped. On the other hand, Lynx Pattern makes the repair harder to see than if it were a solid color. $350
CPO / XSmall (was a small) / Lynx - MidWeight - 42" chest - good condition. $200 (Sending to John F on 11 Sep 2023 --- #15088)
CPO / XSmall / Drab - FullWeight. Good condition. $200 (Sending to John F on 11 Sep 2023 --- #15072)
CPO / Small / Lynx - MidWeight - 2nd's ... the button holes needed repair. Now fixed. $350 (Sending to Tom M on 15 July 2023 for his family's Cross-Australia Horseback Expedition and Fundraiser, expected to conclude in late 2024. They are posting on Instagram as @RoughAndStumble)
- Hooded Jacket / Size Medium / MidWeight Lynx Pattern Fabric - This almost-new Hooded Jacket was worn a few times for just a few days then customer decided he needed to switch to Large. $475 (Sending to Tom M on 15 July 2023 for his family's Cross-Australia Horseback Expedition and Fundraiser, expected to conclude in late 2024. They are posting on Instagram as @RoughAndStumble)
- None now
- Nothing now
Peacoat / Medium / True Black. New/Used. Customer took it for a little walk outdoors before deciding it was too big. $775
ShirtJac / XLarge / Drab - FullWeight. This is a developmental piece that was forgotten at the tailor shop for a couple of years. New. The chest pockets are pleated and it has a drawstring inside, at the waist. The chest measures 50 inches. $425
23 September 2023 --- Ralph & Alex.