We are completely sold out of the Mountain / SkiJac but plan to ship these again before the end of 2023.
We expect these will be $900 ($930 for size 3X) next time we make them, and as always the "backorder price" will be honored. If you are interested in a size larger than 3X, please get in touch directly.
Items that are out of stock can be backordered without obligation (price set to 0) from this page. Latest information about our production is here. Our entire inventory is here.
We will make more Mountain/SkiJacs as soon as we can. If you have interest in this item, you can order here, or contact us any way you like -- no obligation -- and we'll get in touch for the details when we prepare for the production run. It's a really big help to us to know in advance what people are interested in, and the $0 price just tells us you are interested.
Originally designed by Advisor Chad Borofsky, a ski patrol veteran since about 1990, the SkiJac works for all types of skiing and many other outdoor activities. Some of the people who like it best don't ski at all, and began to call it The Mountain Jacket because it tested really well at the US Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center at Pickel Meadows. The design of this Jacket was inspired by a couple of Ski Jackets Chad liked, plus his suggestions for improving them. Before we make these again in 2022, we will be working again with Chad.
- Construction of our Merino Jacquard Fabric. We have so far only made this Jacket in FullWeight Fabric, but if you are interested in MidWeight, please just let us know
- Full-front, heavy-duty YKK Vislon double-zipper protected by a storm flap. Next time we make the SkiJac we will use Slot Buttons instead of snaps to secure the storm flap
- Fully attached Hood with draw strings for adjustment. Hood is large enough to go over a ski helmet or a Petzl hardhat
- Large, zippered handwarmer pockets at each side of the SkiJac
- Large zippered inner pockets on left and right sides
- Draw cord at waist
- Additional draw cord at bottom sweep
- Elasticized cuffs with snap or maybe Slot Button adjustments
- Large Pit Zips with two-way zipper allowing a great deal of flexibility regarding how much of the pit zips can be opened or closed at each end
- Dolman Sleeves (a loose sleeve cut in one piece with the body of a garment) offer huge freedom of movement to the shoulder and arm
- We anticipate adding one or two outer side-entry (Napoleon style) zippered pockets on the chest
- We will probably add one or two forearm pockets to hold small items such as RFID lift passes
- Removable powder cuff
- In size Large, in FullWeight Fabric, the SkiJac weighs 4 lbs 2 oz (1.87 kg)
- In the photos, the model is wearing Drab
Please give us your suggestions. We are looking for input from skiers in particular.
Thank You! --- Ralph
The SkiJac in Lynx Pattern in a mixed pine and deciduous forest.
[Note: For additional pictures and information on the SkiJac, please click here.]
I'd love to get any information on wool for skiers and snowboarders. WeatherWool does not make base layers -- yet! -- but here is a link to a SKIS.com review of wool vs polyester base layers for snowboarding.
Details about WeatherWool Construction
Care and Cleaning
16 April 2023 --- Ralph
The REVIEW feature below, which enables anyone to publish a review, was added in March of 2022. We’ve been sold out of these since long before then.