WeatherWool® Hardcore Luxury® Fabric is the foundation of our company. And when the tailors turn our Fabric into garments, remnants are inevitably created. The size of each remnant piece varies greatly. Some are pretty large ... up to 6 inches (15 cm) by 4 inches (10 cm). Most are irregular shape ... sometimes kind of rectangular, often long and thin.
All remnants are our true production Fabric. Mixed in with the remnants may be some pieces of the paper "markers" that the tailors place on top of the stacks of Fabric in order to guide the cutting.
We use remnants to make up our Fabric Sample Packs, and so the remnants are extremely valuable to us. But we have far more remnants than we ever use for the Samples.
Each order will include enough remnants to stuff a full-sized bed pillow. The remnants will be completely random in size, color and Fabric weight. We get bags of remnants from the tailors whenever we make anything, and each bag contains whatever Fabrics the tailors were working with at the time.
We hope others can find more uses for them. Potential Uses:
- Pillow stuffing. I've been sleeping with a remnant-stuffed pillow since about August 2021, and I like it a lot. Alex says it's MY-MyPillow. But it's not for everyone ... Debby doesn't like it but others have told me they do like it
- Insulation for use in all kinds of places
- Plant Potting. Some wool in the bottom of a flower pot, or mixed in with soil, helps keep soil moist. If the pot has a hole at bottom, the Fabric can keep dirt from coming out
- Quilting (but pieces are small)
- Fingerless Gloves. Advisor Chris Christian found enough suitably-sized pieces in one bag of remnants to make about 5 pair and he has used them a lot!
- Cell phone pouch/cozy (Thanks to Stefan H for this idea!)
- Ground cloth if you want to stitch a bunch of remnants together
- Shemagh ... again, will require a bunch of sewing
- Ghillie Suit ... add wool scraps to the outside of anything
- Stitch together for wall coverings
- Material-testing (people test the swatches from our Sample Packs)
- Dog Bed! This is a "for-sure"! Thanks, Rod!!
Each order will be approximately 5 pounds.
We will be happy to hear any other ideas and results of testing.
The $20 price of the remnants is just to cover shipping. (Price started at $15 but shipping costs average more than that.) There are places, particularly in Canada, where $20 won't cover shipping. If the cheapest shipping is much over $20, we'll let you know. Thanks -- Ralph
26 January, 2023 --- Ralph and Alex.
The REVIEW feature below, which enables anyone to publish a review, was added in March of 2022. I didn't expect anyone to review the Remnants, but I was wrong! Nice!