No Risk Field Trial and Free Shipping
No-Risk Policy ... that means we can't have anyone unhappy ...
- Please try on the wool -- indoors only, please! -- as soon as you receive it, and please decide for certain whether it fits
- If it does not fit really well, please return it quickly (we will provide a shipping label so you can conveniently ship it back within a week) for refund, exchange, whatever. If you keep it more than a couple of weeks, and then decide to return it -- even if you didn't wear it -- we have to treat it as a used garment. You'll still get your full refund, but we'll take a hit
- If you are highly confident of the fit, then you are good for field testing
- If it does not fit really well, please don't wear it outdoors at all. Once the wool has been outdoors, or even worn indoors in a strenuous way, it's used. When people ask for a different size after they've been outdoors, the "exchange" costs us about $150
NO-RISK Field Testing: If you are satisfied with the way WeatherWool fits you in your living room, take it out into the field and give it your most severe field tests, for a good while. If you are not satisfied, return the garment for a full refund. We can't have unhappy customers.
We have made this offer since we started WeatherWool. So far, there have been only a few refund requests, and even these were mainly due to sizing and tailoring issues.
We have great confidence in our products. WeatherWool is the favored garment among some of the most hardcore outdoor people, and should be able to meet your needs. But if not, don't fret it ... just let us know!
Please remember, tho ... we recommend wearing wool base layers. If you are not happy with your field test, you are welcome to a refund regardless of conditions or how you tested. But if you don't wear wool under your WeatherWool, then you have not really seen what wool can do. Many people are so used to wearing base layers of synthetics or cotton they don't realize those materials can severely compromise the performance of any outerwear. Even large companies known for their synthetic outerwear are making and recommending merino wool base layers! We hope to eventually develop WeatherWool base layers, but we are too busy with WeatherWool to keep do much else.
Shipping & Taxes
- We never charge sales tax. Clothing isn't taxed in New Jersey. But the States are clamoring for interstate businesses to collect sales taxes for them, and I'm guessing we'll be forced to collect sales taxes by 2025.
- Free standard shipping in the USA and Canada
- We will normally include a tracking number with your email receipt, and tracking numbers have so far been available for every country to which we have shipped
- Inside the USA, we'll ship via USPS or UPS or FedEx depending upon which carrier provides the best service and price. Of course, we'll ship however you'd like, but there may be an extra cost for that.
- For Canada, we usually use the United States Postal Service to deliver the order to Canada Post. This works very well, but there is no true overnight service. Sometimes shipments will sit in Canadian customs for a week, even though American woolens can be imported duty-free to Canada. UPS offers a good express service to Canada ... orders can be delivered within two days, but it is expensive -- I think this is because UPS basically walks the package through customs.
- For orders outside the USA and Canada we usually choose the US Postal Service, which interfaces well with with the national postal service of the customer's country. Other carriers such as FedEx, UPS, DHL by request. We have been really happy with DHL lately
- Overnight delivery almost anywhere in "the 48 States" is possible as late as 9:00 PM EST because we live near a primary FedEx facility at Newark Liberty International Airport (just outside New York City). FedEx has made some amazingly fast deliveries for us!
- Shipping costs outside USA/Canada are basically split with customer, and this cost is added to the original transaction
- Please contact us if you need special handling, gift wrapping, etc.
- Import taxes or duties are the responsibility of the customer. Canada does not impose any import fees on WeatherWool because our woolens are pure-American. Please click here for more info on import duties in various countries.
Call us at +1 831-704-1776 anytime to discuss your wool needs!
Really. We love to talk wool!
27 August 2021