PipelinePlease Note: We are developing the Ladies Field Jacket and hope to put it into production. Actual pricing for this jacket will be determined after we finalize design and construction.
If you are interested in the Ladies Field Jacket, you are welcome to contact us personally or place a $0-dollar online order so we know to keep you in the loop as we refine the design and plan production.
You can confirm your order or cancel before we cut any Fabric. We estimate the price for those who order prior to actual production will be about $700 and the regular price around $900.
If you don't know WeatherWool and have not handled our Fabric, please contact us for free Fabric Sample Swatches so you'll understand what we are up to.
The prototypes have all been made from our FullWeight Fabric, but we can use MidWeight instead, if that is someone's preference. Shown in the pictures is a prototype in FullWeight Fabric in our proprietary Lynx Pattern. Like everything made by WeatherWool, the Ladies Field Jacket will be a completely pure American product combining unmatched performance with classic looks that work anywhere.
The basic design:
- Available in Lynx Pattern or any of our three Solid Colors (Black, Drab, Duff)
- Over-sized collar with throat latch (Collar will be rounded at corners)
- Three buttons on back of collar for attaching optional Double Hood
- Super-fine Merino Wool Knit Cuffs hidden inside the sleeves. Tan Cuffs for Jackets in Lynx Pattern and Solid Duff Color, and Black Cuffs for Jackets in Solid Colors Black and Drab
- Sturdy 2-way YKK zipper front closure with Storm Flap secured by Slot Buttons. (The pictured jacket has snaps, but we have decided against snaps going forward.) Slot buttons are the toughest, most reliable buttons, and are interesting in that most people have not seen them
- Generously-sized pockets that are cut into the seam for a sleek look
- Field Jacket can be worn with or without the included belt. The belt loops are very inconspicuous, and won’t be noticed in the absence of a belt
Final touches we are still working on:
- Doubled layer of our FullWeight Fabric across the shoulders, top of the chest and top of the back. The "double yoke" would add some bulk but would also add significant warmth and enable the Jacket to withstand almost unlimited rain ... but we are not sure we want the extra bulk of the double yoke ... Maybe make this piece removable
- Exact shape of the collar. We will round the corners of the collar and have the collar protect the front of the neck when completely closed
- Maybe add a removable Mouton Fur covering for the collar
- Maybe a bit longer
- We would be happy to hear additional ideas.
Please contact us / call anytime if you are interested! Please click here for additional pictures of the Women's Field Jacket.
When we get closer to production, we'll put up a size chart.
Please click here for additional details of WeatherWool Construction.
Please click for more info about ordering something out of stock, and please click here for info about online ordering in general.
3 April 2022 --- Ralph
The REVIEW feature below, which enables anyone to publish a review, was added in March of 2022. It’s not appropriate for a developmental product, but several of these are being worn by customers, so maybe someone will post. And the Review is also a great way for people to provide suggestions.