13 February 2015
Detailed descriptions of each of our current offerings are available by clicking the links below. We are still growing our line and developing more items, but we have quite a bit available now.
And we are feeling really good about what we offer. You are welcome to test WeatherWool out in the tough stuff and return it for a refund if you are not happy.
At left, Alex is wearing a Big Brim Boonie Hat in BLACK, an All-Around Jac in LYNX Pattern, a Basic Vest in LYNX Pattern, a MidWeight Shirt in DRAB, FullWeight Pants in DRAB and his hands are in a BLACK Muff.
Here’s a list of what we have now:
- Hats ... we offer 5 different types of Hats.
- Hoods ... we are offering two types of Hoods
- FullWeight Pants ... FullWeight Pants in stock now.
- MidWeight Pants ... We also have sizes 34, 36 and 36 MidWeight Pants available for those who would like to help us develop our MidWeight Fabric. We’ve tested it quite a bit already, and we think it’s great!
- Bibs ... Just finishing up our first prototypes.
- Ladies Jacket ... We were close to putting the Ladies Jacket into production, but we did not like it quite enough So we have suspended development of this item because there is so much else to do. We will return to it. The Ladies Jacket will have an optional luxurious Mouton Fur collar.
- Ladies Bomber Jacket ... We are getting close to signing off on this one.
- Ladies Blanket Coat ... We have just made the first couple of prototypes and actually this piece has come together really quickly!
- Ladies Field Jacket ... Another fairly new item but from a classic design and we will not be changing it much at all from where it is now. Currently being tested against the December weather in Wyoming.
- Ladies Pants ... in development, but we expect to offer Ladies Pants before the winter. These have tested really well so far!
- The All-Around Jacket ... The All-Around Jac is our most basic item.
- Hooded Sweatshirt ... We have just gone into production on this one!
- Al’s Anorak ... Al's Anorak is similar to the Hooded Sweatshirt but in a Pullover design. Al's Anorak also has side zips for a more tapered fit. We’ve made a couple of protos so far.
- Muff ... We love this Muff, available in four colors and lined with warm, soft and super-insulating natural Mouton Fur.
- Basic Vest ... A very versatile Vest and another piece of WeatherWool that will really work in a lot of different settings.
- Mouton Vest ... Lined with Mouton Fur, this is a serious piece of warm.
- Mouton Jacket ... Like the Mouton Vest, but with full sleeves and built to deal with some very serious cold and wind.
- Mouton Greatcoat ... We are working on a Mouton Greatcoat that will be similar to the Mouton Vest and Mouton Jacket, but much longer, and maybe with removable sleeves and bottom section. Like something out of Old Russia, to handle the worst of winter in elegant style.
- Scarves ... We didn't expect to be making scarves, but quite a few people suggested we should because our fabric is so soft and comfortable on the skin. We’ve just finished our first Scarves. They are wide and long and very luxurious.
- Poncho ... We have just produced a couple in our first, basic design. But Ponchos come in enormous variety of styles, shapes, sizes, color configurations. We can make the Poncho you want. Give us a call.
- Blanket ... We have made a couple of Blankets sized for Queen Beds ... which means a Big Blanket. But we can make other sizes and shapes, too. Just let us know.
- MidWeight Shirt ... We made exactly ONE MidWeight Shirt this spring and it tested great for softness and comfort, and it was really nice to wear even in warm weather. Now we are testing the same MidWeight Fabric in Pants. The Fabric is doing everything we had hoped for, so we will be making more MidWeight Fabric and therefore more MidWeight Shirts.
- Ski Jacket ... We have made a couple of prototype SkiJacs, and so far, really good!
- Pillows ... We have made a couple of Pillows because people have asked for them. We did not envision this, but you need to do what customers request!
- Totes ... We made a few Totes / Carry Bags, and people really liked them, so we are making more.
- Mouton Furs ... We use natural Mouton Fur (super-select, tanned lamb pelts) for a few of our items and people liked the Mouton so much we were getting requests to buy the Fur as is.
- Fabric ... A number of people have had their own ideas about things they'd like to make with our Fabric. That’s flattering, and it is always interesting to hear what others are thinking. So sometimes we sell Fabric ... when we have more Fabric than we have plans for. Please visit our Fabric page if you are interested. Thanks.
- WarriorWool ... Pants and Jacket we are designing for the Navy SEALs, plus a program for our customers who might want to wear these items and/or donate WarriorWool to a SEAL.
- General Descriptions and Discussion ... What we are trying to do, what we have been up to. Some history, some talk about wool. Why we believe wool is the best bet for all-around outdoor wear.
- Assorted Pictures ... Assorted pictures in various settings. More pictures are available under the FROM THE FIELD tab, where the pictures are organized by state or country -- WeatherWool is starting to get around some!
- Specials ... We have lots of prototypes, some discontinued pieces, some items where we were not satisfied with the sewing, some garments that we changed but still have some of the old version ... no sense letting the house fill up with good wool that could be out in the weather keeping someone warm.