17 March 2015
Detailed descriptions of each of our current offerings are available by clicking the links below. We are still growing our line and developing more items, but we have quite a bit available now.
And we are feeling really good about what we offer. You are welcome to test WeatherWool out in the tough stuff and return it for a refund if you are not happy.
At left, Alex is wearing a Big Brim Boonie Hat in BLACK, an All-Around Jac in LYNX Pattern, a Basic Vest in LYNX Pattern, a MidWeight Shirt in DRAB, FullWeight Pants in DRAB and his hands are in a BLACK Muff.
Here’s a list of what we have now:
- Hats ... we offer 5 different types of Hats.
- Hoods ... we are offering two types of Hoods
- FullWeight Pants ... FullWeight Pants in stock now.
- MidWeight Pants ... We are just about sold out of our first run of MidWeight Pants. We plan to make more.
- Bibs ... We have made several protos and expect our latest will be undergoing rigorous field tests courtesy of an outdoors professional in Canada's beautiful Yukon.
- Ladies Jacket ... We were close to putting the Ladies Jacket into production, but we did not like it quite enough So we have suspended development of this item because there is so much else to do. We will return to it. The Ladies Jacket will have an optional luxurious Mouton Fur collar.
- Ladies Bomber Jacket ... We are getting close to signing off on this one.
- Ladies Blanket Coat ... We have made the first couple of prototypes and actually this piece has come together really quickly!
- Ladies Field Jacket ... Another fairly new item but from a classic design and we will not be changing it much at all from where it is now.
- Ladies Pants ... These have tested really well so far and we will be putting the latest protos on our Fit Model for final sizing adjustments.
- The All-Around Jacket ... The All-Around Jac is our most basic item.
- Hooded Sweatshirt ... Classic Hoodie design available for sale now with more coming.
- Al’s Anorak ... Al's Anorak is similar to the Hooded Sweatshirt but in a Pullover design. Al's Anorak also has side zips for a more tapered fit. We’ve made a couple of protos so far.
- Muff ... We love this Muff, available in four colors and lined with warm, soft and super-insulating natural Mouton Fur.
- Basic Vest ... A very versatile Vest and another piece of WeatherWool that will really work in a lot of different settings.
- Mouton Vest ... Lined with Mouton Fur, this is a serious piece of warm.
- Mouton Jacket ... Like the Mouton Vest, but with full sleeves and built to deal with some very serious cold and wind.
- Mouton Greatcoat ... We are working on a Mouton Greatcoat that will be similar to the Mouton Vest and Mouton Jacket, but much longer, and with removable sleeves and bottom section. Like something out of Old Russia, to handle the worst of winter in elegant style.
- Scarves ... We didn't expect to be making scarves, but quite a few people suggested we should because our fabric is so soft and comfortable on the skin. We’ve just finished our first Scarves. They are wide and long and very luxurious.
- Poncho ... One of the oldest garment designs.
- Blanket ... We have made a couple of Blankets sized for Queen Beds ... which means a Big Blanket. But we can make other sizes and shapes, too. Just let us know.
- MidWeight Shirt ... We made exactly ONE MidWeight Shirt in Spring 2014 and it tested great for softness and comfort, and it was really nice to wear even in warm weather. Now we are making more of the MidWeight Fabric in DRAB and expect to make more of these Shirts.
- Ski Jacket ... We have made a couple of prototype SkiJacs, and so far, really good!
- Pillows ... We have made a couple of Pillows because people have asked for them. We did not envision this, but you need to do what customers request!
- Tote (Carry Bag) ... We made a few Totes, or Carry Bags, and people really liked them, so we are making more.
- Mouton Furs ... We use natural Mouton Fur (super-select, tanned lamb pelts) for a few of our items and people liked the Mouton so much we were getting requests to buy the Fur as is.
- Fabric ... A number of people have had their own ideas about things they'd like to make with our Fabric. That’s flattering, and it is always interesting to hear what others are thinking. So sometimes we sell Fabric ... when we have more Fabric than we have plans for. Please visit our Fabric page if you are interested. Thanks.
- WarriorWool ... Pants and Jacket we are designing for the Navy SEALs, plus a program for our customers who might want to donate these clothes to a SEAL.
- General Descriptions and Discussion ... What we are trying to do, what we have been up to. Some history, some talk about wool. Why we believe wool is the best bet for all-around outdoor wear.
- Assorted Pictures ... Assorted pictures in various settings. More pictures are available under the FROM THE FIELD tab, where the pictures are organized by state or country -- WeatherWool is starting to get around some!
- Specials ... We have lots of prototypes, some discontinued pieces, some items where we were not satisfied with the sewing, some garments that we changed but still have some of the old version ... no sense letting the house fill up with good wool that could be out in the weather keeping someone comfortable.